Regardless of whether you want tile, hardwood or laminate flooring in your home, you will want to understand the flooring system and appropriate flooring layers to achieve a finished floor. This lecture class will give you the knowledge to assess your current flooring support and how to appropriately build layers for a lasting flooring installation.
· Structure: joists, dimensional lumber, “engineered”wood, Wood I-beam, open web truss, subfloor, beam, column
· Preparing: deflection, notches, holes,blocking, “on center”, dead load, live load
· Materials: ceramic & porcelain tile, natural stone, hardwood, vinyl, plywood, cement backer, underlayment, cork, foam,rubber, plank, laminate, sheets
· Determine: suitable support layer, preparation for bonding, will finished floor perform as needed.
· Understand: how each layer bonds together to form a safe and durable finished floor.
· Establish: guidelines and sources to determine suitability before starting a project
· Present: different materials and common solutions for replacing or refinishing an old finished floor.